Multi-channel end of financial year campaign, 2023
Patrick of Coonawarra is a premium second-generation family-run estate in the heart of Coonawarra, South Australia. Patrick crafts remarkable wines, pairing a deep love for heritage styles with an excitement for the new.
We created a multi-channel (phone sales and digital marketing) cash flow boost campaign for Patrick of Coonawarra in June-July 2023. The campaign had three key objectives: to boost revenue, enrich customer engagement and broaden the customer base.
✔ How we partnered:
We paid close attention to different customer groups, tailoring our messages for each. We also made it easy for new customers to join in. Our approach centred on a stocktake sale concept – smartly designed wine packs offering great value.
The campaign had two distinct phases – four weeks of phone outreach, followed by a digital phase featuring emails and paid social media ads.
- In the phone phase, we reached out to 1904 individuals, offering bundled product deals at appealing discounts. Our phone campaign capitalised on our team's deep knowledge of the client's brand, products and history. We offered exclusive 'phone only' perks like free shipping for orders over $500 and unique bonus case offers to express appreciation.
- The top-performing wine packs from the phone phase featured in a five-week email campaign with a 20% storewide discount. Most of this client's database includes moderately engaged customers who prefer emails over calls. Value-driven offers would boost engagement, brand visibility and sales conversions.
- The targeted paid social media campaign showcased a captivating offer from the phone and email phases – an exclusive museum wine pack with typically unavailable products at a great price point. Curiosity was piqued through interest targeting and lookalike audiences, and retargeting the database, to expand the client's reach.
- The phone phase had a 42% response rate, a 21% conversion rate and brought in over $68,000 in revenue.
- The email sequence had robust open and click-through rates, averaging 41.5% and 4.6%, surpassing industry standards. It brought in over $26,000 in additional revenue.
- By leveraging the subscriber list, active social media users, wine-related interest targeting, and lookalike audiences, paid ads secured $2,989 of revenue.
- The multi-channel strategy resulted in a significant 42% increase in revenue (vs the previous phone campaign alone).
- Beyond this, it nurtured robust customer relationships and introduced new customers to the Patrick of Coonawarra brand.